Sunday, September 26, 2010

Autumn Leaves

Posted by: Katie!

Fall is my favorite time of the year, so when I went on a walk today all I could think about was how beautiful the leaves were, and how awesome it would be to make a fall themed costume using the beautiful fall colors.

Since there's no such thing as an original idea, of course it's been done:

Autumn+Nymph++Adult+Costume


(actually, all the costumes on this site are awesome -- especially the cookie monster one!)

So then I started thinking, what a great group costume the four seasons would be...

Guess what?

 

I still think this idea is super fun, and there's so many different ways you could go. Glamorous, sexy, funny, some combination of the three.  Good luck agreeing who in your group gets to be what season, though!

Finally, I came up with a vague idea which I think has some promise. For many people, the beauty of fall is tainted by the threat of winter around the corner. Is there a way to personify this dread? Personally, I love snow, but I think a lot of people would relate. What if someone was dressed up as beautiful, happy fall from the front, and they turn around and it's evil winter, with dangerous icicles? Or split down the middle of their body between benign fall and scary winter? Any ideas?

I hope you enjoyed following my flight of idea. Sorry I didn't have a cool drawing like Steph did!

P.S. I'm in love with that Cookie Monster costume. Is there a way to do that with say, Edward Cullen?

P.P.S Someone came into work the other day wearing the bottom half of a ghillie suit:
There's got to be some way to make that into a costume. Heck, it already is a costume!

1 comment:

  1. Blah ha ha ha! I loved everything - ESPECIALLY an Monster-Hunter of Cullens. Or the cookie monster. Man. What awesome ideas!!!! And also, I enjoyed your all fall costume - then BAM! I'm winter! costume. :D I really do like autumn.

    ReplyDelete